5 Small home indulgences for a happy life

10:37:00 PM



Soon my stay here in the wonderful India is going to end, and although I am going to miss some of the things that make this country very special, like  the delicious gulab jamun (an indian dessert that is so yummy!!) I think it is time to go back home and write a new chapter in this big book of life.
Something very important for me is being home, for me home is in the US, although I can't say that I haven't felt at home in all the places that I have been living all this years, I think it has to be because every single place in some way becomes part of you and all this countries have also showed me different ways of living I didn't know existed. 

Because I am renting an apartment here in India and because my husband and I knew that we weren't going to be here for a long time, we decided not to spend a lot of money on home decor. It has been really hard for me because I love everything about decorating the house, it brings me wonderful memories because when I was younger I used to help pick up decorations and furniture with my mom for our house. But now that I am getting ready to go back and start building my own home(one more time...) I have created a list of 5 things that I think are very important, specially if you want to indulge yourself and feel special in your own palace.

Pronto mi estadía aquí en India va a terminar, y aunque voy a extrañar algunas de las cosas que hacen a este país muy especial, como el delicioso gulab jamun (un postre indio que es delicioso !!) Creo que es hora de volver a casa y escribir un nuevo capítulo en este gran libro de la vida.
Algo muy importante para mí es estar en casa, para mi, mi hogar está en los EE.UU, aunque no puedo decir que no me he sentido como en casa en todos los lugares que he estado viviendo todos estos años, creo que es así porque cada lugar, de alguna manera se convierte en parte de ti y todos estos países me han mostrado diferentes formas de vida que no conocía existían.

Debido a que estoy alquilando un apartamento aquí en India, ya que mi esposo y yo sabíamos que no íbamos a estar aquí por mucho tiempo, decidimos no gastar un montón de dinero en la decoración del hogar. Ha sido muy difícil para mí porque me encanta todo lo relacionado con la decoración de la casa, me trae maravillosos recuerdos porque cuando era más joven solía ayudar a comprar muebles y decoraciones con mi mamá para nuestro hogar, porque nos encantaba. Pero ahora que me estoy preparando para regresar y empezar a construir mi propia casa (una vez más ...) He creado una lista de 5 cosas que creo que son muy importantes, especialmente si les gusta darse un gustito y sentirse especial en sus propias casas.


Gorgeous bedding / Sábanas deliciosas

We are supposed to sleep for at least 8 hours every night, so don't you think is it worth it to invest in something that is going to be caressing your skin while you sleep? I think quality linens is a necessity, specially if they are made out of cotton with a high thread count. Quality linens cost a little more but I think is just a small investment that will make you sleep more comfortable and at peace. 


Se supone que deberíamos dormir por 8 horas cada noche, así que por qué no invertir en algo que nos va a acariciar la piel mientras dormimos? Yo creo que sábanas de calidad son una necesidad, especialmente si están hechas de algodón con un alto conteo de hilos. Las sábanas de calidad cuestan un poco más pero si lo piensas bien, es una inversión que hará que duermas más confortablemente y en paz. 


Wallpaper/ Papel tapiz

I know wallpaper is not for everybody but I think the right amount of it can make a room feel more inviting and elegant. Think of it like a statement piece, it is like jewelry for your room and it can also become a wonderful conversation piece for your guests.

Ya se que el papel tapiz no es para todo el mundo, pero creo que en pequeñas cantidades puede hacer que un lugar se vuelva más elegante y llamativo. Un correcto papel tapiz es como una obra de arte en la pared, es como una joya que decora la habitación y puede llegar a poner una gran sonrisa en tus labios cada vez que lo admires. 


A nice rug/ Una bonita alfombra

Another piece that is a staple in my house is a cute rug. Rugs not only help you define spaces but also can keep your feet warm, specially if you live in a cold place and have ceramic tiles or hardwood floors. 
I love rugs, the fluffier the better, specially for the bedroom, and I think my dog and my cat can appreciate a good fluffy warm rug too.


Otra pieza que es indispensable en mi casa es una bonita alfombra. Las alfombras no solo te ayudan a definir espacios, sino que también mantienen los pies calientitos, especialmente si vives en un lugar frío y tienes pisos de cerámica o de madera.
Yo amo las alfombras, mientras más esponjosas, mejor! Especialmente para la habitación de dormir, y pienso que mi gatita y mi perrita coinciden en que tener una alfombra ha sido una buena adquisición. 



Fresh flowers / Flores frescas

Don't you think fresh flowers make a room feel complete? I do and I love flowers and plants in general. There is something about a cute flower arrangement that makes a room feel extra special and colorful. I know that in some places flowers tend to be a little expensive to buy daily but once in while I think is totally worth it. 
oh! and if you don't like flowers because your cat thinks they are for her and eats them(that's the story of my life with my cat, haha) it's ok, you can also get succulents and problem fixed!


No les parece que tener un florero lleno de flores frescas hacen que un cuarto se sienta completo? Yo amo las flores y plantas en general.  Hay algo especial que tienen las flores frescas, siento que hacen que las habitaciones se sientan mas lujosas, especiales y coloridas. 
En algunos lugares comprar flores diariamente tiende a ser un poco costoso, pero en ocasiones especiales siento que vale la pena completamente hacer la inversión.
Oh! y si por alguna razón no te gustan las flores porque tu gata piensa que son para ella y le encanta comérselas(la historia de mi vida...) no hay problema, siempre puedes poner un bonito arreglo de suculentas y problema resuelto. 


Special art / Alguna pieza de arte especial

If you are married like me a beautiful showcase of your bridal gown or your flower bouquet would look amazing in a special corner in your bedroom. 
If you are not married and love fashion you can also showcase a special dress, or a beautiful handbag, or even your first pair of expensive shoes and if you don't have expensive shoes don't worry, you can always find some special piece of art to add and complete your room.


Si estás casada como yo, pienso que exhibir tu vestido de novia o tu ramo en una esquina en tu habitación se vería hermoso y te recordaría siempre como fue ese día tan especial.
Pero si no estás casada y te gusta la moda, también puedes exhibir un vestido bonito que tengas, o una cartera fina o quizás tu primer par de zapatos de diseñador, y si a parte de todo eso no tienes zapatos de diseñador(como yo) no importa, siempre puedes encontrar una pieza de arte que signifique algo para ti y que complemente tu hogar. 



Images via: https://www.pinterest.com
Check out my Pinterest too: Ladymakeup1


You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I adore the wedding shoes encased in glass, its such a beautiful and simple idea, I'm not married yet, but I will have to remember to save some mementos from my upcoming wedding and create some one of a kind art with them later on!

    Kez | acaciasdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Qué bonito post.
    Mucho ánimo con el cambio, volver a casa siempre es muy emocionante.
    BESOS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post, lovely dose of inspo! Love all the tips, everything from adding a cozy carpet to including special art! Just so so good! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!

    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely post, kisses :)

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing post! I think that the bed is the key piece for a beautiful room :)
    With love, Sofia Silva ♥

    www.goldenfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting you are going back to the US and building your new home! I agree on your 5 spot to indulge in! Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose NEW POST

    ReplyDelete
  8. Major inspiration!! And I love those flowers!
    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com
    www.instagram.com/fancycorrectitude

    ReplyDelete
  9. those are beautiful! :D

    Have a great week ahead!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely adore white interiers! It all looks so stylish, and somehow reminds me of London's Kensington <3

    Carmelatte

    ReplyDelete

I love to read new comments...
♥ Thanks for sharing what is on your mind with me!

Me encanta leer nuevos comentarios...
♥Gracias por compartirlos conmigo!

Popular Posts